So about my piece for the 20-Somethings blog where I mentioned that I was on the verge of landing a job at an international association…well I did. The last seven months have been incredible! Contributing to a significant aspect of the business, building professional relationships in and out of the office, and developing my “brand” has been a ride and then some. It wasn’t until now that I could even take into consideration and reflect about how it all plays into the bigger picture of my career. Sometime soon, I will likely write more about the experience, but for now I am just updating my site. Below are my main responsibilities at the company, and I added a page under my work history in the section about me.
ARMA International, Inc., Overland Park, KS
– Responsible for implementation of strategic and operational plan for program
– Provide support in financial and governance matters to all volunteers
– Produce and present content at regional and international leadership seminars
– Process 990 forms and member information for all chapters
– Principal liaison between local groups, headquarters staff, and Board of Directors